Summer tended to be the time we would see a snakebite or two at the emergency vet clinic I worked at. After seeing how some dogs looked after a rattle snake bite I felt lucky that poisonous snakes aren’t really an issue for me since I live in town. But we tend to do more with our dogs and take them more places so it’s something to beware of. This infographic has some good information on pets and snakebites. (Note- this university is in Australia so some of the stats like the time of year may differ where you live.)
Click to enlarge.
Image originally posted on http://snakebites.murdoch.edu.au