I decided to take part in the Pet Blogger Challenge. Basically, it is to help us see and share why we blog and what we hope to get from our blogs. Personally, I am hoping it gives me some perspective on where I’ve been with this blog and where I hope to take it as well as gives me motivation to do more than I am.
1. When did you begin your blog? I began afFURmation in 2007 after I started Pet Product Review.
2. What was your original purpose for starting a blog? I originally started this blog as a way to share my pet’s and pet related information.
3. Is your current purpose the same? I think so.
If not, what’s different?
If so, how do you feel you’ve met your goals? I do share about my pets, but not as much as I really would like. I got off track and stepped away after I lost my job when the company was sold and moved. Going back to school and working almost full-time took away from my online time.
4. Do you blog on a schedule or as the spirit moves you? Right now it’s when I can.
If the former, how often — and what techniques do you use to stick to it?
If the latter, do you worry about… well, whatever you might worry about (e.g. losing traffic, losing momentum)? YES. It was that I didn’t have time between school and work, now it is just doing it. I tend to get distracted so 2011 is the year I am going to work on getting on a blogging schedule.
5. Are you generating income from your blog? No.
If so, how (e.g. sponsor ads, affiliate relationships, spokesperson opportunities)?
If not currently, do you hope to in the future — and how? I do have some different ways- Adsense, affiliates and Infolinks, but I need to work on traffic.
6. What do you like most about blogging in general and your blog in particular (bragging is good!)? I love being able to share information because everyone has a different experience. And I love how you can make a difference for animals by being part of the pet blogging community.
7. What do you like least? It takes work! I actually don’t mind the work, but I wish I had more time to devote to it.
8. How do you see your blog changing/growing in 2011? I am going to get my blogging on more of a schedule as well as participate more in Pet Blogging events both online and off. I am planning on attending Blog Paws 2011 and really looking forward to it. Anyone else going?