I’ve been wanting to make these bird treats for awhile and Christmas is the perfect time! They don’t take much time so are easy to whip up in between all the other Christmas activity.
-shelled pumpkin seeds
-cut steel oats
I used the recipe from CoCo’s Flock. She used a lot more ingredients which you can see on her blog.
- Place the dry ingredients into a food processor and process so any large pieces are broken up.
- For each cup of dry ingredients add 3 1/2 tablespoons of molasses.
- Mix until all pieces are coated.
- Form into balls and place on pan. I kept my hands wet while doing this. It helped keep them from sticking to my hands. Wax paper or foil will make it easier to remove treat when dried.
- I placed them in the freezer for a few hours to dry.
- Once dry (they may have a little tackiness but weren’t bad when dry), hand out and watch your bird enjoy.