Looking for a doogy Christmas direction? Or maybe a gift for a dog lover? Here’s a fun Dog Biscuit Wreath to make.
-Dog Biscuits (medium size used)
-a wreath ( I used an 18 inch straw wreath)
-Ribbon (For this project I used
-9 yards red 1 inch ribbon
-6 yards 3 inch holly ribbon
-2 yards 3 inch red ribbon
– straight pins
- I secured the 1 inch red ribbon to the back of the wreath by pushing 2 pins through it into the wreath.
- I wrapped the red ribbon around the wreath, covering it completely and securing the end with straight pins.
- I secured the holly ribbon to the back of the wreath with 3 pins pushed through the wreath.
- I began wrapping the holly ribbon around the wreath twisting it 360 degrees at the front and putting a biscuit under the ribbon where it twisted. I did this around the whole wreath leaving an 3 inch wide area unwrapped for bow placement. I secured the end of the holly ribbon to the back of the wreath with pins.
- I cut pieces for the bow. To make an easy no-tie bow, determine how long you want the straight parts that hang down. Cut 1 piece that is twice that length. Then determine how wide you want the bow and cut a piece that is twice that measurement plus 1 additional inch for the loops. Cut a piece about 3 inches long.
- Take the piece for the straight hanging part and fold in half. Secure to the wreath where you want the bow by pushing a straight pin into the wreath where it folds. Arrange as you desire.
- Take the piece that was cut for the loops and overlap about 1 inch on each end making a circle. Hold the part where the ribbon overlaps and a spot exactly across from the overlap. Bring these spots together and wrap 3 inch cut piece around the area where the spots meet. secure to the wreath right where the straight piece was pinned to the wreath.
- Arrange loops and the rest of the bow as desired. Cut end of ribbon on straight part if you prefer and angled cut.
- Hang out of the reach of 4 footed creatures.