-1 cup rabbit pellets
– 3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
-1/2 cup dried bananas
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Mix applesauce into pellets.
- Add water so it just covers the pellet applesauce mix.
- Let stand for a few minutes so pellets soak up the liquid.
- Once pellets have softened, stir to break them up and make a mash. You may need to add more water to get a mash consistency.
- Put dried bananas into a plastic bag and roll a rolling pin over them to break them into small pieces.
- Add bananas to pellet mash.
- Spread mash into a foil lined pan.
- Use a knife to put score lines into the mash.
- Place in oven for about 3 hours. (Time may vary depending on oven and thickness of mash. It is done when it is dried.)
- Remove and break into pieces.
I used an 8 inch square pan and ended up with treats that were a little soft. Next time I am going to try spreading on a cookie sheet with a rim to get treats that are completely hard.